Barcelona has over 4km of sandy beaches which are always crowded with people sunbathing and swimming in the sea during summer time.
There are 7 beaches in total (Sant Sebastià
, Nova Icària
, Mar Bella
, Nova Mar Bella
), easily accessible using public transport
How to get there:
- Sant Sebastià (Metro L4 – Barceloneta)
- Barceloneta (Metro L4 – Barceloneta and Ciutadella)
- Nova Icària (Metro L4 – Ciutadella and Bogatell)
- Bogatell (Metro L4 – Poblenou and Llacuna)
- Mar Bella (Metro L4 – Selva de Mar)
- Nova Mar Bella (Metro L4 – Selva de Mar and El Maresme)
- Llevant (Metro L4 - Selva de Mar)
All beaches are provided with disabled access, showers and lifeguards (during summer season) as well as parasol and beach chair rental services. The city council is putting a great effort into keeping them clean, both sand and water are cleaned daily.
for furhter details regarding up to date information on water quality and beach condition. Finally, be aware of the risks that large exposures to the sun can cause to your skin so take the following precautions: use enough sun cream protection
at all time, and try avoiding the hours from 12 to 16. Also, ensure that you drink plenty of water.